Neurodiversity Champion Workshop
This workshop is designed for anyone who has attended the Neurodiversity Aware webinar and wants to become a champion. You will learn more about the way that Neurodiversity is viewed by others at the same time as changing your own view and acceptance of Neurodiversity.
- Recap of terminology around neurodiversity from the Aware webinar.
- Be confident to list the main neurodiverse conditions.
- Understand the strengths that are common within each condition.
- Develop an understanding of how an individual living with each condition may present to others.
- Gain a basic understanding of executive functioning.
- Understand the concept of neurodiversity in terms of executive functioning within daily life.
- Activity to personally experience what it feels like to have an executive functioning challenge.
- Understand why it’s important for diversity and inclusion to include neurodiverse individuals.
- Be introduced to the concept of school trauma and the impact this has on learning new skills.
- Learn the importance of clear communication and develop an understanding of how complex communication can be via an activity.
- Be introduced to sensory overload.
- Understand how meltdowns and shutdowns occur and the negative impacts they have.
- Discover ways to create a more inclusive sensory safe learning environment.
- Understand the idea that anxiety can be caused by external factors.
- Be able to recognise anxiety within yourself and others.
- Learn ways to manage anxiety through regulation.
- Gain practical tools to add to a mental health and wellbeing virtual toolbox to support yourself and others experiencing a crisis.
- Start to understand that all behaviour is communication and look towards support rather than judgment.
- Unpack that communication errors are faults on all sides and find out how to prevent low morale as a result.
- Discover the importance of supporting those who self-identified as neurodiverse from kindness and legal view.
- Understand the positive impact that reasonable adjustments can make and have an idea where to start implementing them.
Independently Accredited by The CPD Standards Office
What you get:
Digital CPD Accreditation Certificate
3 Years access to Thrive Online Learning Portal
You will be a Thrive Neurodiverse Champion Driver Trainer / Driving School.
A session immediately following the champion workshop to focus on specific in-car and driving related ideas
Access to a private Facebook group to continue the conversation, brainstorm, share ideas
A Neurodiversity Champion pin on our Find an Instructor map
There are no events in the selected category