Neurodiversity Aware Webinar
What you will learn:
The aim of this 1 hour session is to increase your understanding of neurodiversity and to learn how to properly support neurodiverse individuals.
This is a basic introduction to neurodiversity which will give you the foundational knowledge to then build upon and find out more.
This Aware webinar is a “mandatory prerequisite” for the Champion workshop.
- Introduction to terminology around neurodiversity
- Be able to list the main neurodiverse conditions and each set of strengths that are common with each condition.
- Understand the concept of neurodiversity.
- Explore some of the common myths around neurodiversity.
- Discover perception stereotypes.
- How schools impact self-esteem and confidence.
- See the link between unsupported neurodiverse conditions and mental health disorders
- Gain a better understanding of the challenges faced by neurodiverse individuals in terms of communication and being social.
- Be introduced to sensory overload.
- Understand why the autism spectrum and neurodiversity spectrum are not a line to put people on.
- Gain an insight into the positive impact that reasonable adjustments can make.
Independently Accredited by The CPD Standards Office
What you get:
Digital CPD Accreditation Certificate
You will be a Thrive Neurodiverse Aware Driver Trainer / Driving School.
There are no events in the selected category